Artificial Turf Playground: 3 Safety Concerns To Know In Inland Empire
The surfaces of playgrounds may not always be safe, despite their importance for children’s growth. Natural grass is generally regarded as the finest alternative, although it frequently contains unintended risks. This is why playgrounds with artificial turf are more prevalent today.
Learn why artificial grass is safer for playgrounds than genuine grass in this article.
Playground Safety Requires Groundcover
- More than 70% of playground injuries, according to the National Program for Playground Safety, are caused by falls onto the ground.
- A Consumer Product Safety Commission research, however, revealed that falling off of the equipment itself actually resulted in fewer injuries than striking a hard surface. For instance, 11% of injuries resulted from falling off of equipment, while 12% were caused by falls over wood mulch.
- Falling onto asphalt or concrete caused 16% of injuries while falling from equipment only caused 15% of injuries.
- Falls onto sand or rubber mulch resulted in 5% and 4% of cases, respectively. Following them came falls into the dirt, which caused 3% of all injuries.
- In other words, the playground’s surface greatly influences how serious injuries occur from falls.
- Asphalt and other hard, abrasive ground cover can lead to cuts and bruises. Although natural grass has a gentler surface, the earth might be harsh.
Reasons Why A Playground With Artificial Turf Is Safer Than One With Natural Grass
The American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) has verified premium artificial grass products as safe. With this accreditation, the turf’s adequate shock absorption, head impact attenuation, and vertical performance are guaranteed. These characteristics are essential for avoiding potential damage.
Establishes Soft Fall Zone
Underneath artificial grass is padding. The padding absorbs the shock and shields children from major injuries like broken bones or concussions when they fall or slip on its surface. This makes it perfect for playgrounds that have climbable objects for kids, such as monkey bars and jungle gyms.
No Insects Or Animals
Playgrounds with natural grass can develop into perfect homes for a variety of insects, animals, snakes, and other pests. Children who play close by are at risk from these. Since artificial grass does not offer these bugs food or shelter, it does not attract them.
What Are The Advantages Of Synthetic Grass?
Artificial grass is pet-friendly, resilient, long-lasting, affordable, offers numerous design possibilities, and will give you a green, vibrant landscape that you can enjoy all year round.
How Long Does Artificial Grass Last?
The lifespan for outdoor use is typically impressive at 10-15 years without maintenance and can last twice as long with little upkeep.
Is Synthetic Grass Water Resistant?
Even when exposed to significant volumes of water, the materials used to make artificial turf are water resistant. Even being submerged for a prolonged amount of time won’t harm artificial turf. Nearly all types of moisture cannot penetrate the nylon/polyurethane material.
Contact the experts of Inland Empire Artificial Turf at (951) 330-3088 today!
Call the experts of Inland Empire Artificial Turf at (951) 330-3088 right away!